Graisley Old Hall is believed to have been built in 1485, though signs of a much earlier building have been discovered. During road construction, the remains of a moat were found surrounding the property. This is thought to have been there to prevent cattle thieves.
16th Century records show that the first owner of Graiseley Old Hall was Nicholas Rydley, a merchant of the staple of Calais. The Hall remained within his family until the middle of the 17th Century when Walter Rotton was forced to sell the property to William Normansell in order to pay off gambling debts.
During the Queen Anne period the exterior timberwork of the Hall was replaced with brick. An example of the original Wattle and Daub structuring can be viewed in the Entrance Hall of the house, also sections of medieval fresco paintings can be seen on the original wall timbers of the house.
Towards the end of the 19th Century the hall was occupied by Moses Ironmonger, a former Mayor of the Borough and a friend of Alexander Graham Bell. Ironmonger installed the first public telephone line used in the district.
In 1930 Graisley Old Hall was purchased by the Royal Wolverhampton School for use as an administration site. It was discovered in 1957 that this old Hall was not an officially listed building. Wolverhampton M.P. Enoch Powell brought the matter to the attention of the local Government and as a result Graisley Old Hall was given Grade II listed status.