Beaumanor Hall, Ghost Hunt Friday 6th march 2020 9pm till 2.00am only £40.00 per person
Beaumanor Hall Ghost Hunts
Beaumanor Hall situated in the remote village of Woodhouse just outside Loughborough. Is reputed to be extremely haunted there have been many sightings of ghostly apparitions from a coachman who hung himself in the attic. to a female who has been seen wandering the upper floor from the main staircase, many believe that she is wife of William Perry Herrick. Poltergeist activity has been reported in the main dining room on the lower floor by staff members. Two female staff members reported a plate flying of a large table and smashing when nobody present. Dark shadows have been witnessed and reported in the cellars. The sound of Marching boots have been heard coming from empty rooms in the attic. The sound of scratching from unforseen hands has been heard on the servants staircase. Will you be joining the Paranormal Eye team on this intense investigation ?
The Hauntings of Beaumanor Hall
It`s no wonder that beaumanor hall has seen so much Paranormal activity over the last 20 years, This House was built in 1842 however two previous houses have stood in this spot since 1277. Wandering across the grounds and has also been seen on the main stairwell is a female spirit known as the grey lady. Many believe that this is the lady of the Manor ( Perry herrick). A recent account of activity was by a workman working in the attic where he fled leaving all his tools and refused to ever return. The attic has a very strange and suppressive feel to the point of making you feel as though you are being watched. Doors are often heard slamming shut on the upper levels of the main house, windows banging and disembodied voices. Elizabeth one of the servants who worked here is said to be heard whispering from one of the empty rooms in the old quarters. Home to the British Armed forces many believe that soldiers haunt the now blocked up tunnels leading from the house to the main village.
The History of Beaumanor Hall
This old hall has a rich and varied history. Built between 1842 and 1854 by architect William Railton for the Herrick family, it remained in their possession until World War II when the estate was requisitioned by the War Office. Throughout the war the Hall was used as a secret listening station to intercept encrypted enemy signals. The Hall was bought by Leicestershire County Council in 1974 for use as an education and conference centre.
William Perry Herrick (1794 – 1876) who built the present house in about 1850 was born in Wolverhampton in 1794. His father was Thomas Bainbrigge Herrick who was a barrister and his mother was Mary Perry daughter of James Perry of Eardisley Park. William spent his childhood in his family home Merridale House (now called Bantock House) in Wolverhampton. he went to Oxford and became a barrister. In 1832 his uncle who owned Beaumanor died and as he had no male heirs the property was inherited by William. He also inherited Earlisley Park in 1852 when his maternal uncle James Perry died. These properties and their associated landholdings made him a very wealthy man. He lived with his younger sister Mary Ann Herrick (1796-1871) at Beaumanor for many years. Mary Ann had inherited money from her mother in her own right and was known to be a great benefactor. An account of her generosity was contained in a book about Leicestershire. It stated:
"Many were the gifts made to the church by this benevolent lady ; to give an account of them is impossible. The best known examples of her munificence are the almshouses at Woodhouse, built in 1856 ; a house for the schoolmaster and mistress at Woodhouse Eaves, built in i860 ; the infant school in the same parish, built six years later ; and the dispensary at Loughborough, built in 1862, at a cost of 5000 pounds ; the expense of the last two benefactions being shared by her brother, William Perry Herrick, Esq., of Beaumanor."
William also gave generously to the Anglican Church. In 1872 he paid for the construction of St Mark's Church in Leicester with some help from his sister.
In 1862 William married Sophia Christie (1831-1915) who was 37 years his junior and the daughter of Jonathan Henry Christie, a London barrister. The couple had no children. His sister Mary Ann who continued to live at the estate died in 1871 and William died in 1876. He left all of his property to his wife Sophia and on her death to his relative Montagu Curzon.
Sophia managed the estate for the next 40 years and was well regarded by the tenants. She kept a fairly large number of household staff one of whom was Elizabeth Ellerbeck (1843 – 1919) the housekeeper who remained with her for over 30 years.
Sophia died in 1915 and Beaumanor was inherited by William’s relative William Montagu Curzon who took the additional surname of Herrick in 1915 when he became owner of the hall
This Event Includes
A Brief tour of the location with the lights on Working in small groups. Ouija/spirit board sessions, EVP Sessions, Table tipping and seances.
Tea/ Coffee and light snacks are provided.
Please remember to bring a torch as this location is very very dark ! remember to wear warm . clothing and suitable footwear. This location is not suitable for anyone with mobility issues.
OVER 18's ONLY.
Join us at Beaumanor Hall Ghost hunts.
PLEASE NOTE OVER 18's ONLY, ALL PLACES ARE NON REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE ONCE BOOKED
Get Directions To Beaumanor Hall
Ghost hunting across Leicestershire, It's so scary, Beaumanor hall Ghost hunts, Ghost Hunting Uk, Is a real must !
ghost hunting tours within the old hall,
We also have old gresley hall Derbyshire Ghost Hunting Uk